Pathology & Microbiology
BAGH offers an in–house 24 x 7 comprehensive diagnostic laboratory services various pathological and microbiological investigations from basic tests to critical care parameters.
The objective is to accurately diagnose, to monitor and assist in better patient management.
The National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) has granted accreditation to
our Department of Laboratory Medicine in the field of MEDICAL TESTING with effect from Dec.13, 2012.
The scope of accreditation includes:
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Clinical Pathology
- Haematology & Immunohaematolog
- Microbiology & Serology
- Histopathology & Cytology
The laboratory services are run under direct supervision and monitoring of qualified experienced pathologists and a full-time microbiologist.
The lab is manned by trained skillful medical laboratory technologists.
The department has Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), Quick Turn Around Time (TAT) and Quality-assured Laboratory Services (QLS) as its cornerstones.
For optimizing analysis and to cater to a wide test menu, the lab houses various fully-automated, proven and dependable technologies, namely:
- 5-part differential Haematology cell counter
- Random access walk away Biochemistry analyzer
- Automated Immunoassay systems
- Blood gas and Electrolyte analyzers
- HPLC based HbA1c (Glycosylated Hb) system
- Automated bacterial culture system and Automated speciation / susceptibility testing system
- In-house Histopathology and Cytology lab with Frozen section facility, Cytospin
The lab has adopted vaccumised closed sample collection technique, bar-coding of specimen containers and Bi-directional interfacing. These help in minimizing pre-analytical errors.
Stringent Internal quality checks, participation in External Quality Assurance programme and continuous training of working professionals are regularly followed for obtaining quality results.
Microbiology forms an integral part of this department and is actively involved in reviewing Infection Control measures and antibiotic policy.